The

The writings of a Roman Catholic girl trying to live her faith in this world

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

He loves, He hopes, He waits

"He loves, He hopes, He waits.  If He came down on our altars on certain days only, some sinner, on being moved to repentance, might have to look for Him, and not finding Him, might have to wait.  Our Lord prefers to wait Himself for the sinner for years rather than keep him waiting for one instant."

I am very blessed to have an Adoration Chapel just 5 minutes away from both my apartment and school.  Some days, in the midst of a hectic DPT schedule, I have the chance to get away for a few peaceful moments in this humble little chapel.  Thankfully, today was one of those days.

At Adoration, my heart just felt so full and whole and I began to think about why I love that little chapel so much.  Jesus waits there for me, for all of us...humble, vulnerable, patient.  It does not matter when I come or how I come...just that I come.  Jesus waits and rejoices when I am able to get away and spend time with Him, no matter how limited it may be.

It is the only place I can go where I do not have to worry about being judged.  I don't have to worry about whether or not I'm wearing makeup, if my clothes are okay, if I can express what I'm feeling or if I need to keep it inside.  I can just come.  As I am.  No matter how that may be.  And He rejoices!  He rejoices over me...everything that I am, am not, and trying to become.

As this all came together before Jesus today, I became overwhelmed with gratitude.  The only prayer I could muster was "Thank You."  It was all I had to give in that moment, but I knew for Jesus it was enough because it was sincere...a humble cry from the depths of my heart.

So tonight I am grateful.  I am grateful for that little chapel that is so easy to walk by without even taking a second look.  The humble chapel with the worn out carpet that has cushioned the knees of many a sinner, stealing away to find peace with the Lord.  The quiet little chapel that holds the greatest gift humanity has ever received...the One that every human heart that has ever taken a single beat desires to know.

Thank You, Lord, for letting me know You.  Thank You for letting me kneel before You in that humble little chapel.  And Thank You for letting me come as I am, with all of my failures and shortcomings, and loving me in spite of every single one.      

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful. Your writing is beautiful. Most of all, your heart and soul are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete