The

The writings of a Roman Catholic girl trying to live her faith in this world

Monday, February 14, 2011

Falling in Love

Happy SAINT Valentine's Day!

I am currently at the beginning of a "Busy Person's Retreat" at my University...our first session with our spiritual companion was today and it was such a blessing...and I am sure there will be more to come as the week continues!  But the theme of the retreat, "Falling in Love," is based off of the following quote which I fell in love with (haha) the minute I read it.  So, in the spirit of love that is encompassed by this day, I wanted to share this amazing quote which is inspiring my week and, with God's grace and strength, the rest of my life.  Enjoy!...I hope you have experienced God's perfect love today!

"Nothing is more practical than God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way.  What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything.  It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you do with your evenings, how you spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude.  Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." -- Pedro Arrupe, SJ  

In His Love,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment